London Zoo Competition
Terms and Conditions
The X Factor London Zoo Competition Terms and Conditions
Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions, and agreed to be bound by them, when entering this Promotion.
Who may enter
- This promotion (“Promotion”) is open to individuals who are residents of the Republic of Ireland aged 18 or over.
- Employees (or family members of employees) of any group company of the Promoter, companies associated with the Promotion and all affiliates of such companies may not enter this Promotion, or win, or be taken along as a guest of the winner.
- You must have your own individual Facebook account, in your own name, in order to enter. Joint or shared accounts will not be counted.
When to enter
- You can enter this Promotion between 12.01 GMT on 3rd December 2017 and 11.59 GMT on 8th December 2017 (“Promotion Period”).
- No purchase necessary; however, internet access and a valid Facebook account is required.
How to enter
- To take part in this Promotion you will need to:
- Log onto your Facebook account (or create one for free) and read the original Facebook post, posted by Suzuki Ireland on its Facebook Timeline, to which these terms are linked (the “Promotion Post”).
- Comment underneath that post (ensuring the post is publicly accessible) with your answer to “what is your favourite #SuzukiShowstoppers moment of the The X Factor 2017” to enter the prize draw.
- Your post must be sent during the Promotion Period and illegible, late or duplicate entries will not be eligible to win.
- Maximum of one entry per person during the Promotion Period.
- Entry requirements
- Your comment must not include anything offensive, derogatory or disparaging, or which refers directly or indirectly to alcohol or intoxication, and must not infringe third party rights.
- You do not have to like the Suzuki Ireland Facebook page to enter this Promotion.
- You must abide by the rules of Facebook, which can be found at: www.facebook.com.
What Counts as a Valid Entry
- The following count as valid entries;
- On Facebook, the entrant must comment on the Suzuki Ireland Promotion post with their favourite moment of the 2017 X Factor series.
- Entries must be within the spirit of the Promotion. No spam or rudeness including but not limited to bad language, comments containing racial or sexual abuse and bullying.
What Doesn’t Count as a Valid Entry
- Comments under any other Facebook post.
- Comment replies on Facebook rather than actual comments.
- Comments on the Suzuki Ireland Facebook wall.
- Comments on any other Suzuki social platform other than Facebook.
- The Prize is: 1 x Family Meet the Meerkats experience at ZSL London Zoo with travel and accommodation included.
- The Prize includes:
- 2 x nights at the Gir Lion Lodge at ZSL London Zoo for 2 adults and 2 children.
- Return economy class flights from ROI to Heathrow airport.
- Return transfers will be provided from the Heathrow airport to the Gir Lion Lodge for the winner, one accompanying adult and 2 children.
- Entry costs for ZSL London Zoo for 2 adults and 2 children.
- Tickets for he Meet the Meerkats experience for 2 adults and 2 children.
- £150 of spending money.
- Additional Prize details:
- The winner must provide a minimum of 8 weeks’ notice of the dates they wish to travel. The prize must be taken within 1 year of acceptance.
- Airline seats are subject to availability
- The Prize can only be used by the winner and three guests. The three guests must comprise of one adult (an “adult” is a person who is 18 years or over) and two persons 16 years of age or under. At least one of the adults must be the parent or legal guardian of the children accompanying them, or written permission must be gained from the children’s parent/legal guardian.
- All elements of the prize package must be taken as part of the same trip.
- The winner and their guests must travel together in both directions.
- The winner and their guests must abide by and are subject to the Airline’s published Conditions of Carriage.
- Flight tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable. Once tickets have been issued, they are only valid for flights, dates and times shown. Name changes to the flight seats once confirmed are not permitted.
- If a flight or accommodation booking is cancelled by the winner, no alternatives will be issued and for the avoidance of doubt, no compensation and/or refund will be provided.
- The winner and their guest will require a passport valid for at least 6 months on date of travel; any travel insurance is the responsibility of the winner and their guests.
- The winners must inform the Promoter of any wheelchair or any similar access needs.
- The Meet the Meerkats experience and accommodation at the Gir Lion Lodge are subject to availability and may have to be changed depending on when the prize is booked.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the Prize does not include domestic travel/transportation, additional food or beverages, souvenirs, gratuities, car parking charges, excess baggage, additional excursions and attractions or any other costs of a personal nature (including spending money) that are not explicitly set out in these terms and conditions and neither the Promoter nor any provider of any part of the Prize will be responsible for any such costs.
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or any part of the Prize) for a prize or prizes of equivalent or greater monetary value if this is necessary for reasons beyond its reasonable control. There is no cash alternative to the Prize (or any part of the Prize) and unless the Promoter agrees otherwise in writing the Prize is non-refundable, non-transferable and has no cash alternative in whole or on part. Third party terms and conditions apply to the Prize where applicable.
- The Prize will be emailed to the winner.
- The Prize is complimentary, not for sale, and is, under no circumstances, transferable.
Winner selection, notification and substitution
- An Independent promotional verification service, PromoVeritas will be used for winner selection and management within 2 working days after the end of the Promotion Period.
- The prize draw will be executed by PromoVeritas as follows:
- All entries exported and collated into central password protected spread sheet.
- PromoVeritas will select 1 entry at random as a shortlist of provisionally selected potential winners.
- If an invalid entry is drawn [e.g. a query] the second data sheet will be consulted and searched for that person’s profile ID to see if they had entered validly. If they have, then they will be placed into the shortlist.
- The first shortlisted entrant to be selected will have their comment surfaced in order to check their entry is valid.
- The Promoter to confirm they are happy for PromoVeritas to get in touch with the potential winner.
- PromoVeritas to get in contact with the potential winner to confirm their validity.
- The winner will be selected at random from all entries, only eligible entries received by the closing date will be eligible for winning the Prize.
- IMPORTANT: The winner must respond within 14 days of initial contact. If the winner does not respond within 14 days of initial contact (despite at least 2 attempts being made) a replacement winner will be selected using the same process.
- The winner will be required to prove their age and identity by sending a scan of a suitable ID such as a passport or driver’s license. Relevant ID and any additional visa requirements of the winner and guests will be requested at the time of booking.
- Details of the winner’s name and county will be made available for one month after the close of this Promotion by writing to the Promoter with a self-addressed envelope at the address set out below and stating the name and date of the Promotion.
- There are certain things for which the Promoter does not accept any liability to you, and these are explained in the next two paragraphs. The law does not allow the Promoter to exclude or limit its liability for some things, such as death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or loss caused by a false statement where the statement is made fraudulently. The Promoter accepts full liability for these matters and all matters for which it cannot, under English law, exclude or limit its liability. Otherwise, the exclusions of liability described in paragraphs 29 and 30 will apply. References to the “Promoter” include all of the Promoter’s associated companies, agents or any other third party involved in the Promotion.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for (and will have no liability in connection with) the following occurrences, to the extent that they occur for reasons beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control:
- any postponement or cancellation of the Promotion or the Programme; and
- any changes to Prize or the way in which they can be used;
- problems with the dispatch of the Prize (such as the Prize failing to reach the intended recipient);
- any act or default of any third-party supplier.
- The Promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer, hardware or software failure of any kind, which may affect the sending, receipt or processing of your entry.
- Entries must not be made through agents or third parties.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and binding in all respects on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into. Entries that do not comply in full with these terms and conditions will be disqualified.
- It may be necessary for the winner’s personal data to be passed on to third parties including PromoVeritas Limited, Red Brick Road Limited and the relevant parties involved in order to carry out fulfilment of the Prize. In the event you are selected as the winner, you hereby irrevocably give consent for your personal data to be passed PromoVeritas Limited, Red Brick Road Limited and other relevant parties for the purpose of fulfilment of the Prize.
- Please note that this Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. By entering, you acknowledge that Facebook bears no responsibility for this Promotion and, to the maximum extent permitted by law, you release Facebook from any liability whatsoever in connection with this Promotion. You understand that the information you provide is provided to the Promoter (and its affiliates, associates and agents where applicable) and not to Facebook.
- By submitting an entry as described in paragraph 9 above entrants will be deemed to acceptance of these terms and conditions. ZSL London Zoo is not liable or accountable for anything related to this promotion. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administrated by or associated with ZSL London Zoo. You are providing your information to the Promoter not to ZSL London Zoo.
- The Promoter and its associated partners (including without limitation ITV, FremantleMedia Limited and Simco Limited t/a Syco) do not accept any responsibility if an entrant is not able to take up the prize.
- If the Promoter has grounds to suspect any entrant or third party of cheating, deception or fraudulent or unsportsman-like conduct of any kind (including, without limitation, manipulating the Promotion, choice of winner(s) or any entry) the Promoter reserves the right (in its sole discretion) to disqualify any entrant, entry or person it reasonably believes to be responsible for, or associated with, such activity.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time, in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
- The winner agrees to allow the Promoter to use their name, likeness and their comment for advertising and publicity purposes without additional remuneration. The winner and their guest will take part in reasonable publicity and PR activity at Promoter’s request.
ROI Law applies
- This Promotion, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with (including the Prize), shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Republic of Ireland law. You irrevocably agree that the courts of the Republic of Ireland shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Promotion and the Prize.
- The ‘Promoter’ is Suzuki GB & Ireland PLC Steinbeck Crescent, Snelshall West, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK4 4AE
- The ‘Promoter’ (Suzuki GB) shall be responsible for all aspects and all stages of the promotion in accordance with part 8 of the CAP code.